Senior Accounting Professional
Startdatum: 01 september 2020
For one of our client in the middle of the Netherlands, in the banking field, we are looking for an enthusiastic
Senior Accounting Professional
You will have an important role in the further integration of the Finance department, looking for the best practices/solutions for all integration challenges that we encounter. Do you like innovation, variety, challenge and are you a team player? Do you enjoy working in a diverse and international team? Then come and join us! We are looking for a Senior Accounting Professional, who would like to play a role in the further development of the Accounting department.
- The P2P & General Accounting department processes the daily flow of financial items such as lease invoices, cost invoices, payments and receipts. Some of the work is still taking place in the foreign offices, but the objective is that all financial accounting will be centralized in the Netherlands within a year from now. The department currently consists of 25 employees in total. As a Senior Accounting Professional you will work on improvement of the processes and internal controls. You will participate in projects. You will perform checks and balances and make reconciliations with sub-ledgers. You also play an important role in coaching your colleague Accounting Professionals.
- In this role you also have an active contribution in drawing up or improving various guidelines within the P2P & GA department with the aim of improving the processes and the month-end closing. You are actively involved in the month-end closing where it is important to monitor the timelines.
- Our cliënt uses an internal control environment in which it is important that the key controls are maintained. It is also important that the work instructions (SOPs) are up to date and that the End User Designed Applications (EUDAs) are used in a controlled manner. In the role of Senior Accounting Professional you make an important contribution to maintaining this internal control environment.
- Within the Finance Department, various projects are being carried out, such as the migration to one general ledger in SAP. You participate in the implementation of this ledger and the corresponding adjustments in the guidelines.
Your working environment
The P2P & General Accounting department is part of the Accounting, Treasury & Tax team and is an English speaking team of approximately 25 colleagues. Some of the keywords that apply to the team are teamwork, challenge, self-development, and self-direction. As a team we are working hard to become a future-proof Finance department. The aim is to get one step better every day.
ABF Finance works closely with other departments within ABF such as Sales, Contracting, Administration Services and IT. Important for all employees is a customer-oriented attitude in which we arrange financial matters for our customers as quickly and efficiently as possible, supported by the right systems.
- Master's degree in Accounting & Control;
- Approx. 7 till 10 years of relevant work experience within accounting, including:
- Understanding of accounting processes, comprehension of coherence between P&L-items and Balance Sheet items;
- High sense of responsibility, ensuring that tasks are completed, ensuring that incidents are resolved;
- Affinity with and experience in guiding (junior) finance professionals;
- Experience with internal control guidelines and compliance requirements;
- Knowledge of and quickly confident with accounting systems (preferably SAP).
- English fluently;
- Knowledge of Dutch, German and / or French is an advantage.
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally;
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness;
- A salary ranging from EUR 3.456 to EUR 5.280 per month based on a 36-hour workweek; depends on experience
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year;
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function and time to go to the Company
- A pension plan.
Respond to this vacancy now. For more information, please contact Mark Damman, email@example.com or 073 – 6121725.